http://photographi-ko.com/

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Photographer of the month, Kevin Paavola

Photographi-ko wants to introduce the photographer of the month, Kevin Paavola who shows the splendor of nature in impeccable and colorful images. The composition in his photos lets us see his ability with the lens and his love for photography.

Like many photographers, I’ve had a camera around my neck since I was a little kid.  It wasn’t until a few years ago that I realized it was truly a passion and one that I wanted to pursue professionally.  For two years before even buying a digital camera, I studied everything I could find about photography.  Camera brands, models, lenses, studio lights, lighting patterns and techniques, anything and everything.  It was the right decision.  It forced me to learn what I needed to learn with great focus.

I knew all along that Portraiture would be my primary interest.  I love the thought of capturing the persona of an individual.  To draw that out is challenging but very rewarding.



For fun, I enjoy shooting birds.  Living in Florida, I’m blessed with many opportunities to capture a variety of birds.  Never have I had an outing where there hasn’t been something to shoot.  It’s a totally different style of shooting, requiring completely different techniques, yet it is equally as exciting when you manage to witness and capture something special.

One of my favorite types of shooting is floral macros.  I’ve come to realize there’s a whole new world that exists within the details of various flowers.  I especially enjoy shallow depth of field floral macros.
Probably the most interesting type of photography that I shoot is abstracts.  Along with manipulation is various software programs, something as ordinary as smoke takes on a whole new appearance.
And the area of photography that is still new to me is landscape photography.  I enjoy traveling and capturing scenics I find along the way.  There’s so much beauty to be seen that I’m sure I’ll never tire of this aspect of photography.

portrait image gallery:  www.imagesbykevin.com

nature image gallery:  www.natureimagesbykevin.com

email contact: info@imagesbykevin.com

No comments: